Hoyt Archery is currently in search of a Buyer/Planner to join our purchasing team! While upholding Hoyt’s Policies and Mission and Values Statements, the Buyer/Planner is responsible for all procurement and planning related to machined parts and raw materials. Plans/schedules production related activities to support delivery of the production plan and ordering of MRP materials. Orders materials and schedules deliveries according to plan. Defines, plans and executes projects for improvement of procurement and planning processes.
• Responsible for maintaining the Machine Shop schedule based on project forecasts and sales orders, on-hand inventory, safety stock requirements, raw material availability, available capacity, customer service goals, and other established planning parameters
• Management of purchasing and planning for all materials inventory and non-inventory for the category/commodity assigned based on the production plan defined by the Master Scheduler;
• Proactively utilizes MRP system to fully understand material requirements, plan procurement and production of materials in a manner that supports the production plan, anticipates areas of material and/or supplier risk, and provides solutions to mitigate risk using existing supplier base and in plant resources
• Forecast purchases based on previous projects and propose purchasing plans to ensure continuity of material to support manufacturing and drive down on hand inventory
• Maintains and improves schedule to ensure 100% fill rate on parts machined in house while maintaining lean operating environment
• Negotiates terms and conditions, pricing and delivery
• Maintains sustained focus on overall supplier performance and leads supplier relationship management
• Identifies and leads projects to improve upon efficiencies in manufacturing involving materials, pricing and quality
• Drives resolution of raw material issues, reacting quickly to resolve supply issues and expediting as necessary
• Communicates to site leadership and operating teams when material issues have the potential to impact operations
• Adheres to all applicable procedures, company policies and any other quality requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, may substitute with relevant work experience
• Work Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience required in a lean manufacturing environment; Machine Shop planning preferred
• Experience with Planning IT Systems desired, specifically in the areas of Production Planning, Planning Master Data (i.e. Bills of Material and Routings), and Capacity Planning.
• Experience in following ISO procedures and standard work
• Possesses an understanding of supply chain and inventory planning principles including MRP experience; APICS knowledge or certification preferred
In an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle and work environment, Hoyt Archery is a tobacco free environment and requires its employees to adhere to this policy.
Follow the link below to apply!
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]