Hoyt Archery Company, a premier manufacturer of archery products, is looking for a talented & experienced Human Resource Manager. The Human Resource Manager is responsible for developing employees that share a passion for Hoyt, and the creation of a desirable workplace. Primary responsibilities also include communicating a vision of the organization that inspires and aligns the workforce; for actively supporting a company culture that maximizes individual and team performance. Plans and implements human resource projects and programs, including but not limited to staff planning, compensation, benefits, employee training and development, and employee relations.
Responsible for the development and management of organizational strategies related to all Human Capital initiatives: Researches, analysis, and develops contributing information, and recommendations to company regarding direction, needs, management, opportunities for improvement and development of employees. Effectively plans designs, develops and evaluates human resource related initiatives that support the company’s organizational strategic goals.
Develops and implements various programs within Human Resources such as but not limited to: staffing; EE training and development programs; benefits plans; policies and guidelines; counseling and coaching; performance evaluations; compensation, and team building. Manages and controls employee records, documentation, investigations, and corrective actions.
Legal Compliance: Responsible for minimizing risk by ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations for the continued success and profitability of the company by advising management on legal implications of HR issues as related to the goals and objectives of the company.
Helps develop and supports the company’s strategy: Contributes to the development and implementation of the company’s strategic operating plan. Establishes long and short term strategies for areas of responsibilities. Appropriately align department’s efforts to ensure strategic plan success and to improve overall business performance. Supports the cross-functional needs of the company in Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Sales, Customer Service, Accounting, IT, Human Resources, Legal, and all Administrative areas.
Develops and supports Hoyt’s human capital: Provides coaching and mentoring to department members. Conducts meaningful annual performance appraisals for all subordinates to identify strengths, weaknesses, and areas for future development. Sets measurable objectives for subordinates that align with the department and company strategy. Provides all relevant functional and technical training to employees. Provides training and support to other departments as required or needed.
• Knowledge of State and Federal employment and labor laws, as well as wage and hour laws.
• Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management and administration.
• Strong leadership and organization skills.
• High-level of problem solving and decision making abilities.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; as well as strong interpersonal skills.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
• BA/BS degree required in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or similar discipline.
• Organization/Industrial Psychology classes helpful.
• SHRM Certified Senior Professional (SPHR) preferred.
• 10+ years of HR generalist experience in manufacturing environment, including selection, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development.
• 10+ years of Leadership experience
In an effort to promote a healthy lifestyle and work environment Hoyt only hires NON-TOBACCO users.
If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected]
Email your resumé, cover letter and references to [email protected]